Just in time for the second anniversary of Kludge Interactive’s rhythm game Synth Riders, the team have released the biggest free update for the game to date. The free update named Spin Mode is packed with new features, including the groundbreaking spinning experience, that will allow players to dance with unconstrained freedom.
The star of the show is where the update takes its name from, which is where the 90,180, 360 and 360+ overhead spins come into the game. The great news is these modes work with every song and every difficulty, including custom tracks due to a carefully crafted algorithm.
The update also introduces ‘Play Profiles’ that will allow the players to easily access their favourite combinations of modifiers and match the type of play experience they want to have. This give players a selection of pre-defined profiles such as dance, force and spin, but, also allows you to create and share your own combinations.
The developers are also excited to add a new track ‘Star Fighter’ from Danish synthwave and retro-electric artist, Wice. With a punchy bassline and soaring synth leads, this 2017 classic is a perfect song to take for a spin!
A full list of new features includes:
- Spin Mode – 90, 180, 360, 360+ spins with three levels of intensity
- Play Profiles – a new way of organizing and sharing modifiers
- Refined onboarding – prompting comfort and accessibility settings
- A new song – “Star Fighter” by Wice
- A new stage – “Spin City” dedicated to the Spin Mode
- A new modifier – “Vanish Notes” for the most experienced players
- Tightened Hit Accuracy – reduced colliders on Hard, Expert and Master levels
- New Leaderboards – unified and filterable
On the update Abraham Aguero Benzecri – Creative Director said;
“We are excited to let our players experience Spin Mode, which enhances every song currently available in the game. Synth Riders is offering an improved workout potential activating the whole body. It’s also a great addition for the Multiplayer Mode, making it even more entertaining and fun to play when the orbs spin all around the player.”